Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Scott's Birthday

Yesterday was Scott's birthday. It also happened to be his weekly pool league night. Scott mentioned that he would love it if I would bring cupcakes to pool league. I don't think that he was expecting this:

I used decorating sugar to do the colors and stripes.


The center circle is a Necco wafer with the number done in black frosting.
And the chalk was made from two blue starbursts.


The look on his face was incredible and made the effort worth it. I am already worried that I won't be able to top it next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely floored me! It's by far the coolest thing anyone has ever made for me. To top it off, the billiard aficionados in my pool league were amazed that every single color (even the 7 and 15, Beth!) was accurate. Also of note... the balls are even in a legal arrangement for BCS league play! I'm still talking about it to folks today! Pretty amazing.

THANKS BETH!!!

Julie Tiemann said...

Wow, Beth! I'm so impressed! They look yummy too, although it must have been hard to eat all your hard-earned work. :)