Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Seriously, What was I thinking?

Actually, I know exactly what I was thinking- April 5th, want to look amazing, want the dress to have to be altered down and not up, want to love looking at the pictures.  If this isn't enough motivation, then I don't know what would be.

Let me tell you now that I was crazy. 

Today was day 2 of Operation Boot Camp.  I am getting up at 4:30 to drive to Powder Springs to be tortured by a pair of VERY in-shape guys for an hour every morning.  

At 5:15, they start by looking over the log book of what we ate yesterday and chiding us for the bad things we ate.  Apparently,  starting next week, if we eat something we shouldn't then we have to endure "encouragement"  after the normal hour workout.  I want no part of any "encouragement."

Following, there is a workout designed to make us wish for death.  several times.  

People, I have NEVER in my life been this sore.  I am walking like a 95 year old with a double hip replacement.  I have entertained the idea of asking for an elevator key because the steps to my classroom are suddenly the thing I dread most about school.  If my arms didn't hurt so much then I would think that a walker must be nice.  I am scared to stay in one position for too long for fear that I won't be able to move when I need too.  

I have been down this road before and I do know the soreness brought on by a new exercise program.  But, I'm telling you that nothing compares to this.

So, do me a favor.  If you see me, tell me that I look amazing.  That you can already see a difference.  Lie to me.  Lie through your teeth.  And remind me how amazing I will look on April 5th.  If I am going to get through this, I am going to need all the real encouragement that I can get.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have to lie. Beth, you look absolutely AMAZING and you will be the most beautiful bride ever! And you're smart too because you picked somebody as cool as me to spend the rest of your life with. (And yes, I'd still Marry you even if you walked like a 95 year old with a double hip replacement.)

... if only I were as funny as you.

Andy said...

Epsom Salt Bath.

Trust me.

Oh, and it does get better. Guess who signed up for month number 4?

Anonymous said...

That's a great program - you will get great results. I wasted money at the gym for years, boot camp with those guys got me great results.

Julie Tiemann said...

Girl, you crack me UP! Seriously!

Trust me, it WILL all be worth it. I've had two times in my life that I've felt like you described, and it's totally worth it. At least the pain is - not so sure about getting up at 4:30. :)

Wendy said...

I think I warned you about boot camp style "encouragement." I wouldn't have any part of it either! I haven't seen you in days...but I can say with certitude that you look amazing. Your clothes are just hanging on your skeletal frame. Really. Amazing.

Rebecca said...

A. After this first week, you'll feel better. It's always the initial start that's the worse. Besides, it's the soreness that lets you know that it's working.

B. 2 in-shape boys = eye candy. Stop complaining.

C. Scott's message? Gag. If I can't call Josh 'baby' in front of you, then you can't have messages like that up where I can read them.

Beth said...

One of my analysis kids said that the pain is just weakness leaving the body.
I told him that his sentiment doesn't help.