Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still Alive

Sorry to leave you hanging.

Boot camp is still kicking my butt, but at least this week I can walk up and down stairs without too much effort.  I am still trying to be asleep by 9 which in it's own way makes me an old person.

I have never in my life had this much accountability for my nutrition and fitness.  Yesterday, at the senior breakfast, I had a Chick-fil-a chicken biscuit.  After exerting major self control on Monday to turn down 5 different offers of chocolate cupcakes, I had no will power left.  It smelled too good.  And it was so good....

Until this morning that is.  I decided not to lie on my food log and I won't make that mistake again.  After an hour long, really tough workout that focusing on cardio, core strengthing, and arms,  I got my first (and hopefully only, if my conscience will allow a little fib here and there) taste of the encouragement after party.  It was terrible.

I may be back to crying up and down stairs tomorrow.



Oh, and as a side note, I didn't mention in my last post that another reason I am doing this is because Scott and I have a bet about who can lose the most before April.  It's kind of unfair since he is a boy and all.  I mean, all they have to do is eat healthy for 2 weeks, run twice, and they've lost 20 pounds.  But I am am stubborn and I am determined to win.  If I lose then I have to do some karaoke thing at a Braves' game.  But if I win, then Scott has to get rid of all of his flowered Hawaiian shirts.  I am so winning.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Don't cheat! It won't help you at all and we all want Scott to have to give up those Hawaiian shirts.

Anonymous said...

I'm already looking up songs for ya!

Too bad there's not a song titled "Scott is the champion and the best EVER at EVERYTHING!" That kinda sounds like a Ricky Bobby quote.

Anonymous said...

And I think you should wear a flowerdy shirt while you sing!

Andy said...

Dont lie about the food. Congrats on what we call seeing the clown! I get to see the clown without cheating on food by the way. He likes to say hello to me whenever we do long runs...

Scott hit me up and I'll give you some ideas on how to win = ) I even have a great hawaiian print hockey jersey that I might have to give you as a wedding present.

Keep up the good work Beth