Wednesday, April 13, 2005

LaGrange- Smart Move

That's what the water towers in LaGrange say.

Daddy called me in the middle of the day to give me a warning that my friends may soon have more ammunition in their relentless mockery of my hometown.

It seems that a lake had to be drained today because the sheriff’s office is hot on the trail of the murder body of a 22-year old Auburn student with the last name of Clinkscales. Here's the thing- this murder took place in 1976. The primary suspect in the case died in 2001. One of the accomplices died several years ago. And this is the second local lake that they have drained.

I think that Daddy thought I might be embarrassed by the inefficiencies of the Troup County Sheriffs Department. However, it is stories like these that make me love home more.

To read the full drawn out account: Arrest made in Clinkscales case

This link will probably become inactive in a week, but I am sure that if you called the newspaper, they would be glad to send you a copy. It's what small town newspapers do.

No comments: