Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Crazy

Well, classes are going well. It is harder to learn when things are going so fast, but I think that I will probably learn a lot. Everything is in characters which is completely different for me.

It is really weird for the other students to defer to me.

Yesterday we went to eat and I was trying to order dumplings for us to eat. I thought that I was ordering 20 for the table, but it turns out that I ordered 20 for each of us. And these things were spicy. I managed to eat about 12 of them, but 2 of my friends could only eat like 5. We left a ton on the table and I am sure that the owners/waitress were just munbling- stupid Americans.

It has been raining a lot here and I haven't actually seen the sun since we were on the plane before landing in Beijing.

What else?

Right now, I don't think that there are any other super funny stories- I am still fighting jet lag pretty bad (today I actually managed to stay asleep unil 6 AM) and I think that it is affecting my ability to be funny.

In a closing note, I read the first card that momma sent with me, and it made me cry. Wendy, I am sorry to say that I think she has you beat.

I am sure that something good will happen soon.

No comments: