Sunday, June 25, 2006

Last week

So on Thursday when we went to get a simple hair wash, the girls talked me into getting a hair cut as well. I should have listened to my inner voice that was yelling "NOOOOOOOO!"

And so now I have a hair cut that I hate. If for the rest of the summer I only wear it in a ponytail, you will understand why. Be nice. Even my friends that I made here will say, "It looks, well... okay."

And on top of the bad hair cut is the monster zit I got on my lip last week. My fireds would point and say "Oh, what is that?" They, of course have perfect procelin skin. We almost didn't go to eat Hot pot on Friday becasue they think that the spice is bad for your skin. I kept assuring them that it would be okay & that the disease on my face would go away whether I ate hot pot or not.

So we went to eat Hot Pot and it was really good. We went to a place where you picked your own meal on skewers and then out it in the bolining pepper soup to cook. After it was cooked you then put the food in a dish of oil to cool down both in heat and in spice. (I honestly think that if anything was bad for their skin, it is the cup of oil bit.) My friends ate weird stuff like Chicken feet and what not. I stuck to mostly vegetables because they were recognizable. I did try one stick of imitation crab b/c it was one of the girl's favorites. And it tasted just like nasty imitation crab. I ate lots of potatoes and what I thought were sweet potatoes but turned out to be pumpkin. My stomach only complained breifly and even it calmed down after I drank 3 yogurts.

On Saturday all of the Americans went to KTV. Chinese Kareokee (sp?). Really that is all I need to say. There were only a limited number of songs in English (including of course celine dion's "My Heart will go on.") and most were old. Sara, sadly they did not have any Christmas carols or even any dixie chicks.

We will be here until Thursday and then begin the trek home. This time next week I will be sleeping of some serious jet lag.

Hey momma- my knee is actually feeling much better. Do you think I should cancel the doctor's appointment or wait to see how it is doing after climbing on the Great Wall and sitting on a plane for 14 hours? I will call you this week.

No comments: