Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Liking it More and More Everyday

Don't get the wrong idea with this post. We really are doing some important things, but I just want to focus for a moment on a few of the things that I am really enjoying here.
1. The food is incredible. I don't know how we manage to screw it up in the states, but Chinese food rocks. Last night we had amazing dumplings (the only downside was when I dropped my dumpling into the dipping sauce and it splashed all over me- I can hear Aggie now, "messer, messer, messer, that's all there is to you Cleaveland girls.") and today for lunch, eggs and tomatoes. Yum. Throw in that an average meal cost less than a dollar and you will understand why I am beginning to think that it is going to be difficult for me to lose the 10 pounds I am suppose to lose this summer.
2. After dinner last night, we went to the massage place. For right at $3 we had an hour foot and back massage. How can you beat that. It would cost me far more to get Rebecca to massage my feet for an hour.
3. Fresh flowers. In my bedroom, I have 2 dozen pink roses. The cost- a buck.
4. We just discovered that the internet bar has Coke in the bottle.

I could go on, but I don't want you to think that this is just some luxury vacation.
And besides, we still have to deal with squatty potties.

No comments: